Whether you are going to a barber’s shop or going to use your shears for something else, you need a sharp shears. If you want to cut your hair or a piece of cardboard accurately, you would definitely need a pair of shears that is sharp.
Learn about the telltale signs that your barber shears or scissors are starting to become blunt! Plan ahead and make sure that your scissors are sharpened before they get too blunt that they can’t cut hair anymore.
HOW TO KNOW A SHARP shears:
You should be able to tell how sharp your shears is after reading this post, and also know if you need to upgrade yours:
DOES YOUR shears HAVE TOO MANY STRANDS OF HAIR ON IT?
The human hair doesn’t behave like normal threads. When you cut your hair, not all of them will be cut as expected. Some will be curly while others may be erect.
- This is mostly noticeable around scalps. But if you have a sharp scissor, you don’t have anything to worry about.
- It’s okay for hairs to be stuck in the shears as you use it once in a while, but if becomes too often, you can start thinking of buying a scissor that is sharper.
ARE YOUR SHEARS SUDDENLY NOISIER?
A shears normally works with some level of noise. As you use it, the noise will keep increasing.
- It’s because the shears is losing its sharpness and traction.
- A bit of servicing to sharpen the edges or oiling of the shear will be necessary.
ARE YOUR HAIRS FOLDING TOO OFTEN?
When your hair keeps folding too often, it’s a mark of blunt edges on the shears.
- If everything is okay, professionals suggest you check the shear because it could be responsible for such actions.
- An option to solving this challenge is repairing the shears or having it changed altogether.
You don’t want your hair to fold too much because it can damage the scalp or ruin your hairstyle.
YOUR SCISSOR IS GETTING DULL QUICKLY?
There are a lot of scissor options out there, and sometimes you could even get confused on which one to go for.
- Some shears cost up to $100
- Are you wondering why a scissor should cost that much? Well, professionals won’t ask that question.
When your shears is becoming too dull for your liking, it may be due to a weakened edges.
Why not consider branded shears? Their prices are worth it because they work well and last long.
You must have learned a thing or two regarding how to determine the sharpness of your shears. It is not proper to use a shears that is not sharp to cut your hair every day. Doing so will only bring your hair ruins. If you feel like knowing more on this subject, please do not hesitate to reach out.